Ler Jiyuan is a Singaporean filmmaker. He is the Showrunner, Writer and Director of critically-acclaimed HBO Asia drama series Invisible Stories. The first episode of the series world premiered in 2019 Golden Horse Film Festival and the first two episodes were screened in a special segment in the 2019 Singapore Int'l Film Festival.
The series garnered several awards and nominations and was featured in Variety as one of the top 15 International Dramas in 2020. Ler is the writer/director of high-profile TV dramas such as HBO Asia’s Grisse, Mediacorp Studios Telemovie Gone Case, The Love Machine, Code of Law, Zero Calling, and many others. Ler's short films include The Drum, which won the 2018 Viddsee Juree Gold Awards and was in competition at the 2017 Clermont Ferrand Short Film Festival; and Paper House, which premiered at the 2017 Singapore Chinese Film Festival.
Awards / Nominations for
- International Emmys: Best Actress (Nominated)
- Asian Academy Creative Awards: Best National Director (Won)
- Asian Academy Creative Awards: Best Actress (Won)
- ContentAsia Awards: Best Drama Series (Won)
- New York TV&Film Awards: Drama Finalist
- Viddsee Juree Gold Award (Won Best Short Film)
- Clermont Ferrand International Short Film Festival (In Competition)
- Clermont Ferrand I
Press / Links: